Closing Date: 2018-01-05
Start Date: 2018-02-01
Help us make asset management and community planning easier and more effective. We are looking for a web developer in Edmonton, Alberta with knowledge and experience in UX / UI (user experience and user interface) design and data presentation.
Responsibilities / Activities
- Review and refinement of current UX / UI design
- Review of data presentation and development of new user interactive interfaces / dashboards
- Creation of downloadable reports of user selected data
- Attendance of user advisory group meetings with staff from partner communities
- Solid English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work independently and with a team
- 2 years or more professional experience in software development
- 1 year experience or more in UX / UI (user experience and user interface) design
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or recognized technical certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of web development frameworks (Django or similar)
- Knowledge and competency developing interactive web interfaces
Desired Experience / Knowledge
- Experience with PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Basic knowledge of GIS and geography
- Knowledge and competency with Python, Bootstrap, JQuery, Leaflet and D3.js
- Familiarity with Linux or similar Unix based Operating Systems
This position will start as a one year term position with a possibility of extension or conversion to a permanent position. This position also involves working with sensitive information so a police
background check will be required prior to hiring.
How to Apply
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada and resident in the Edmonton
area or willing to relocate at their own expense will be considered. Please send your resume with a cover letter in PDF format to Trevor Wiens (tsw dot web at gmail dot com).
About the Company
Apropos Information Systems is a small company committed to the development of spatial data tools and services that assist small communities with intelligent, data-driven decision making. We are an equal opportunity employer that provides a friendly and flexible work environment that supports both independent and collaborative approaches to problem solving.